Thursday 10 November 2011

RUFF SECTOR

A nice slab of oldskool here. A bit of a mystery this one, its a white label - all thats written on it is 'Ruff Sector'. I don't know if that is the title of the track or the artist or what.
Don't know why its a white label either as there isn't any well-known samples on it that I recognise, so its not like it was necessary for the artist to keep his/her identity secret.

Aw well - doesn't matter. The music is all that counts and this one is a corker. This is really nicely put together - not much craziness going on, just a solid stomper with lovely rave stabs and diva screams. This is a very 'tasteful' piece of hardcore. Its got all the right bits in all the right places. One of my favourites.


Ruff Sector - Untitled




I had this on my wants list on Discogs for flipping ages, but there were ZERO copies to be had - it was driving me mad. By pure chance I did a search on ebay - and found it! It was listed as UK Garage.... and so had escaped other old skool bidders.

Weird thing was though, the guy was charging £18 for the minimum bid - so he must have known that it was rare. So why list it as UK Garage?

It might have been a cheeky bootleg - it certainly looks like mint condition and mine seems a bit tinny compared to the youtube video. If anyone else has a copy I  would be interested to compare them.


THERE ARE TOO MANY MYSTERIES SURROUNDING THIS RECORD.