Thursday 3 November 2011

FREESTYLE


wow - I only managed to pick these up this year and I'm so glad I did.

I had wanted them for a long time, but they can be a bit hard to get hold of in the UK (without paying extortionate prices). Unashamedly electro, Freestlye had the winning formula down perfect - robo-rapping, funky beats, perfect electro stabs, and such great simple melodies.


Don't Stop the Rock - probably the most well known, this is pure pop genius. I cannot imagine any party where this would not go down well  - it is just sooo well put together - the intro is fantastic and when the vocal has that key change I start sobbing like a little girl.  But a super-dope-jammin robot funk-a-tron of a  little girl!








The Party has Begun - a fun track, but not as good as the one above. More of a slow-burner.








Its Automatic - Not sure how well this would work on most dancefloors as it is maybe a bit too kitsch, but this would totally ROCK a robot party! Drop it at the right time and it could be devastating. Really great lyrics - have a listen.







Freestyle records on sale here: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Freestyle





No comments:

Post a Comment