Monday 31 October 2011

KID FROST


This week I've decided to focus on classic electro tracks. So to start off, heres is one of my favourite electro track of all time.

Kid Frost - Terminator    Theres nothing particulalry weird or outlandish about this track, it is just a straight-up battle rap over some really cool retro sounds and thats what makes it so good . It is just done soooo well. The rapping is so tight and the lyrics are fairly intelligent for the time and delivered in clipped rapid bursts that really show off Kid Frost's verbal dexterity.
The backing track is just so of its time - robot-vocals, crystal clear melodies, laser fire, video game explosions, and that classic electro bassline.

When I stick this one on I just can't stop listening to it - I have to immediately put the track right back to the beginning... simply a classic - all the right bits in all the right places. A classic track of its era which is a fine example of the distinction between retro and dated, if you get my meaning.

Forgive me for over-using using the word classic. No other word describes it!

CLASSIC.



This one is not cheap, mine cost me close to £50 and I had to get it shipped over from Spain, but it was worth every penny. I think there are a few cheaper ones knocking about on Discogs, so snap em up quick kids.







No comments:

Post a Comment