Friday 14 October 2011

KICKSQUAD


Great tune from Kicksquad on Kickin' Records. Reggae toasting followed by a lovely gurgling analogue bassline with dreamy breathy chants. And just when it seems to be settling into a predictable groove, it drops some really pure sounding melodic bleeps which for some reason sound really 'current'. Its funny cos I used to hate all that bleepy stuff, and now I can't get enough of it. In my mind it used to all sound horribly dated and now I think it sounds remarkably fresh. I guess what goes around comes around..

Anyway this is one of those tunes that can hype you up or chill you out depending on how you want to interpret it. Or maybe I'm just talking rubbish.





Get your copy for little over a quid here: http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=4708&ev=mb

No comments:

Post a Comment