Tuesday 25 October 2011

CHARM



This is a bit of a secret-weapon which I shouldn't really be spreading around, but I'm in the mood for some mind-bending acid house and this fits the bill nicely. Actually, it is so secret I havent even played it to anybody before, so you really owe me for this one.

This is a b-side to Walk on the Wild Side, which is kind of an acid house cover of the famous song of the same name. It doesnt really work in my opinion.... but this flip-side is pure gold. It is a track I've never heard anyone play called Phantastic Voyage.

'Taking you on a journey' is a phrase which gets used a lot in the dance music scene, but generally the only journey I want to take when I hit the dancefloor is a quick one to the bar and a prolonged one in the toilets, HOWEVER that phrase pretty much sums this tune up.

And TOTALLY FUCKING MENTAL as well.

This tune is proper TOTALLY FUCKING MENTAL, no messing about, seriously. Listening to this at work I feel like I'm literally melting into my desk. And its only Tuesday.

It feels like it is taking me through time and across the cosmos - when I listen to it I think of HG Wells' The Time Machine, Dinosaurs, Planets and Stars. I haven't even seen HG Wells' Time Machine.

Whether it will set a dancefloor alight is a matter of trial and error i guess, but is it a work of phantasmagoric genius? The answer is a blatant yes.

Enjoy






This goes for the price of a choclate bar, so go on a diet and buy this instead you fool! http://www.discogs.com/Charm-Walk-On-The-Wild-Side/release/59994




No comments:

Post a Comment